The holiday season is officially upon us, which means there is a lot to do! I’ve enjoyed boppin’ around the city looking for gifts and seeing the shops all dolled up in their holiday best. Other highlights to my week were visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art for the Regarding Warhol: Sixty Artists, Fifty Years exhibit, getting a copy of Grace, A Memoir signed by Grace Coddington herself and starting on some DIY Christmas projects (more on that later this week).
Category Archives: Loverly Things!
I am so excited for today’s gift guide! Lauren of Undeclared Panache was my first roommate upon moving to New York City. She styled our tiny East Village apartment to feel like home. As a New-York-City-Newlywed and handbag designer, Lauren’s blog channels her inspirations for a fabulously styled life.
1. Gold Clip Lamp ($49) – Never can have too many adorable little project lamps and I love that this one adds a little extra pop of gold.
2. Leopard Driving Gloves ($138) – Ever since I got a Vespa, I have become more of a glove enthusiast. These leopard gloves are so chic.
3. Valentino Rockstud Tote ($2195) – It’s tough to justify a big handbag purchase, but the Valentino Rockstud tote bag is a classic I could eventually pass down to my daughter.
4. Large Square Glass Shadow Box ($34) – I love these personalized glass display boxes. Could store jewelry or treasures on your nightstand or desk.
5. Living Etc. ($80.50) – The British magazine, Living Etc.magazine has been a favorite of mine for a while. I am always so inspired by the bright colors and quirky European style. I hope Santa can deliver it to me once a month.
6. Statue of Liberty Sweater ($39) – Always attracted to a kitschy intarsia sweater, I can’t resist one with the Statue of Liberty from Uniqlo.
7. Leather iPad Envelope ($79) – I’m late to the i-pad party, but I’d love to come in, even if it’s just for the amazing accessories, like this monogrammed leather folio.
8. Cheers Letterpress Coasters ($26) – Crazy about these “cheers” letterpress coasters. They would look so cute with my new china.
9. Brush Set ($60) – At least one gift is out of practicality. I am desperate for a new set of make-up brushes.
10. Black Watch ($35) – A sleek, minimal watch would look great next to a stack of bangles.
Keeping your look fresh while wearing vintage isn’t always the easiest to pull off, that’s why I curate Same State Vintage with trend right and classic pieces. Here are my current obsessions from the shop, paired with current editorials and street style.